Who we are
Our website address is: https://halogaia.com
Halo Gaia Adventure Travel legally operates all Dolphin Scenic Tours under the “Transporte Maritimo Commercial de Trafego local de Passageiros” license issued to Malongane for commercial dolphin launches in Southern Mozambique
All guests are required to sign an indemnity form to acknowledge that they are aware of and have been fully informed of the inherent risks associated with snorkelling and being a passenger on a boat of any type, and the possibility of my sustaining severe injury and even the loss of life, in or during the course of said activities.
And to further acknowledge they are aware of the risks and dangers involved in being a passenger on a boat of any type, launched from the beach into the surf and travelling at sea. In the event of colliding, sinking or being affected by natural disaster (inclement weather), such persons must be prepared to be exposed to these risks and dangers and to the possibility of injury and or death, and do so freely.
In the event of persons being severely injured the most qualified person in the group will have the right to decide in which manner I must be evacuated and treated, and accept that I will be liable for the cost of such evacuation and treatment.
Halo Gaia does however operate a professional Dive centre that prioritises SAFETY FIRST in ALL events/ weather conditions and situations.
Please read the following booking conditions before paying your deposit. Your deposit payment to us is your agreement to all the conditions stated therein.
1. We require a 50% deposit within 48 hours in order to secure your reservation.
2. Deposits are non-refundable
3. The balance of payment is due latest 1 month prior to your departure date.
4. In the event of cancellation prior to 3 weeks of the departure date, your full payment will be forfeited.
5. In the event of postponing your trip to a later trip, two weeks or more before departure date, there will be a handling fee of 50% of the total package price.
6. In the event of a ‘no-show’, you will forfeit 100% of the package price.
7. Halo Gaia reserves the right to increase prices without notice and after invoicing due to unforeseen economic circumstances such as Fuel increases
8. Halo Gaia Adventure Travel and all staff shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage to any client or their possessions whatsoever. A safe to store small valuables is available.
9. Please note that the necessary malaria precautions need to be taken.
10. There will be no refunds to clients who choose not to participate in any of the activities that are included in the package price.
11. Halo Gaia Adventure Travel claims no responsibility, financial or otherwise, for any client not satisfied with the facilities These conditions only apply to journeys going to Ponta Malongane.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog or website ?
When contacting us via our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience or for us to use in correspondence with you.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site, as well as when you provide us with feedback.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalise your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
• To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
• We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
• We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
• We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
For your convenience we may store your information longer than 30 days in order to expedite future orders, and have further correspondence with you.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
• You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since every browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google Analytics on our website.
We have implemented the following:
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
We agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
• By emailing us
• By calling us
Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioural tracking such as that from Social Media.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
• Within 7 business days
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
We agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Johannesburg Gauteng 2192
+27 (0) 73 544 1485
GET IN TOUCH
SA: 073 544 1485
Mozambique: 00258 84 455 4319